While we are all spending more time at home, I thought I would share my favorite buttercream recipe. It is extremely simple and delicious! Plus, I’m a fan of any recipe that only requires a few ingredients. Here it is…
1/2 stick salted soft butter (not hard, not melted…room temperature is just right!)
2 tsp vanilla extract (pure is better than artificial!)
4 tablespoons of milk
4 cups of icing sugar
Gel food coloring (if desired)
- Add soft butter into your bowl or mixer.
- Using a mixing bowl or beaters, beat butter until it is fluffy (at low to medium speed).
- Add 2 tsp vanilla extract and 4 tablespoons of milk. Continue to beat at low speed.
- Add in 4 cups of icing sugar gradually while continuing to beat at low to medium speed.
- If you want to color your icing, I recommend using a gel food coloring as it will not thin your icing out.
- Note: If your icing is too thick, add one tsp of milk until you get the desired consistency. If your icing is too thin, add in more icing sugar (it’s best to add in by 1/4 cup) until you get the desired consistency.
- Ice your cake, cupcakes or cookies with the icing at room temperature. It can be refrigerated for 3 days and you can freeze it for later use as well!
Do you like learning new recipes? What would you like to see us post next?!